National Lockdown update:  Our Hospital is still fully open for appointments and admissions, however visitors are not permitted. To keep you safe we have strict measures in place, read more about these here. To make an outpatient appointment, please call: 0207 806 4060.

Do NOT visit the Hospital if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Please visit the Track and Trace website.

Patient Information

Accessing Your Health Records

MIss Fani Kokka

Accessing Your Health Records

You have the right to access your health records.  This is referred to as a ‘Subject Access’ request.

How do I make a request?

To help us with the handling of your request (including requests for X-Ray records from our Imaging Department), please complete the Application for Access to Health Records and we will provide you with a copy of your records within one calendar month.

Please send this, along with the necessary identification, to the following address:

PA to the Chief Nursing Officer,

Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth,

60 Grove End Road,

St John’s Wood,




Please remember to indicate on the form which category (or categories) of record you would like us to provide as this may assist with the processing of your request.

If you require access to records/test results of treatment at our Casualty First centre, please request this using the specific Application for Access to Health Records-UCC

We may be required, for complex requests involving significant administrative work, to extend our response time by up to a further two months.  If this is necessary we will let you know within one month of your initial request and we will explain to you the reasons for the extension.

In most cases, we will not charge for providing you with access to your information.  However, it may be necessary for us to charge an administrative fee if you request further copies of your data at a later date.

Accessing other people’s health records

We are not permitted to give access to other people’s health records without their consent.  If you are applying on behalf of another person then this must be indicated on the request form and must be supported by the appropriate authorisation/documentation.

Who do I contact if I have any questions?

If you have any questions, or if you would like to enquire as to the progress of your application, please contact us at the following dedicated email address:

How is my health record used?

If you would like to know more about how we use your personal information or about any of your rights in relation to your data, please consult our Privacy Notice